Have a magical birthday with Nuvo Shimmer Powders

Well spring is definitely taking it's time to arrive as we have another grey wet day here but I'm hoping the old adage 'April showers bring May flowers' might herald the blue skies and sun to arrive with us all sooner, rather than later.

Over on Hochanda, Tonic Studios 1st Anniversary event is in full swing and Paula Pascal has been demoing the wonderful new Nuvo Shimmer Powders and boy oh boy, they are jam packed full of colour. For my next project, I used the shimmer powders with the Modern Buttonhole stamps - from Bunched Bouquet collection.


I began by embossing the stamps with Nuvo hybrid clear ink and clear embossing powder, randomly. Next using a waterbrush, I coloured the images with water, tapped some of the Cherry Burst powder on to the larger flower designs, spritzed them with water and the colour filled the design spreading outwards. Next with the Solar Flare, I repeated the same process and let the colour also flow.



Next the main background. Again with the waterbrush I began by colouring, (with water), area by area but before moving on, I covered the wet area with Green Parade, spritzed with water and let the colour flow. Repeated the process until the whole background was completed.


On another piece of watercolour card, I re-stamped the flowers, coloured the same way and cut them out. The leaves were stamped firstly with Dried Oregano and then over stamped with Lime Burst to add extra depth. Again cut out ready for layering. The sentiment is from the Dressables Extras stamp set, stamped on a strip of the same watercolour card, mounted with 3D foam.


The flowers were then layered to form a bunch. Surprised myself with this card as normally I faff with embellishments and then, if in doubt, add oodles but this is a relatively CAS design for me. I wonder if I can keep this trend up? What do you think?

Lou
x x x

Products used:

Nuvo Shimmer Powders
Nuvo - Shimmer Powder - Green Parade - 1214NNuvo - Shimmer Powder - Cherry Bomb - 1209NNuvo - Shimmer Powder - Solar Flare - 1210N
       Green Parade                Cherry Bomb                    Solar Flare


 Nuvo Diamond Hybrid Ink pads
                                                        Rose Garden        Tropical Fruits

Essentials - Dressables Extra Stamp Set - 1938E-Tonic Studios
Dressables Extras - stamps


Challenges:
Always Fun Challenges - anything goes
Artistic Inspiration - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Get Creative - no patterned paper
Crazy Challenge - spring
Crafty Girls - anything goes

Comments

So beautiful!

A wonderful card-

Susi, visiting from Moo Mania & More!
Sorry for commenting so late on your fantastic masculine card from before for our theme!