Sending Big Hugs ...

Just catching a quick breath as another busy weekend approaches. At this rate I'll be going back to work for a rest 😏. Sounds like I'm being a little "bah humbug" but that's not the case ... just can't keep up as I once could. To compounded the problem, I appear to have lost the ability to lie in! I know ... how ... why ... when did this happen? Even when my eyes are still struggling to open, my body yearning still for my bed, my brain is alert and raring to go. I even have conversations with myself along the line of "no, not yet" ... "go on five minutes more" ... " it's far to early to be up on a weekend" ... but to no avail.

Anyhow, I would like to share with you one of my projects from the recent stamp release on Hochanda for Tonic Studios - Whimsical Frames stamps & dies...


The colours were inspired by the pattern paper scraps I found in my "can not throw away and will use again one day" box. I have used the Whimsical Frames set - Sending Big Hugs to create all the elements on my card. I have used Spiced Orange and Aqua Splash aqua flow pens as I thought they were the nearest match to the papers.


I began by using the frame to create a border along the top of my card and then added a paper border with some grois grain ribbon. I next stamped some flowers, cutting them out with the matching die. Some I have left "flat" and others turned in to rose like flowers.


Next I die cut a tag, added backing paper and then a further frame. I only inked around the edges, leaving the centre with less colour. The sentiment was then stamped in to the centre. The flowers were then layered on the tag and top border.


A few leaves were added from the same set and "voila ... c'est fini" ...! I hope you got to see all three sets when Paula was demoing them as they are so versatile and suit any crafting style.

Lou
x x x

Products:


Challenges:
Simply Papercrafts - anything goes
Crafty Girls - anything goes
Crafting with an attitude - anything goes
Through the purple haze - anything goes
The sisterhood of crafters - stamp it

Comments

Darlene said…
SO pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful card love the flowers I actually thought they were crotchet flowers till I read your very funny post/can relate to post about getting up lol--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x
Diane said…
Very pretty card and color combo! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT
{Nellies Nest}
BożenA said…
Amazing project. Your card is very unique!
Thank you for joining in with Crafting With An Attitude.
Regards,
BożenA DT CWAA