Bonjour Henri ... ooohhh, la, la !

Not sure why I added the "ooohhh, la, la" but that was what was in my head when I typed my title, so I've just gone with the flow. Be grateful I'm saying it in my head as I'm the words are being spoken in my worst Inspector Couseau impersonation! As you are probably aware, Tonic Studios released a wonderful new collection of stamps and dies called "Marmalade's World" and so far I have shared 2 of my projects using Marmalade and Minnie and now it's time to say hello to Henri ...


Henri - Hair: 463, 465 (Natural Browns) and 491 (Stormy Greys)
         Jumper - 415 & 417 (Woodland Greens)
Shorts - 427 (Marina Blues)
Skin - 473 & 475 (Fair Skin Tones) and 449 & 451 (Rosy Pinks)
Luke:  477 (Fair Skin Tones) & 461 (Natural Browns)

I have made a 'no measure pop up box card' (aka Nikky Hall stylee) using Henri and his dog Luke (named by Loen yesterday) and quite a few of the accessory stamps and dies.


I began by creating the backing paper using the stamps, colouring the images with my Nuvo pens and then cutting them down to fit the layers. Any remaining images, I die cut to create my embellishments.


I did stamp out several other images too: hat, cake, balloons, colouring with Nuvo pens. At the back of the box, mounted on to acetate, are the balloons, hat and presents. Slightly in front of them are some more layered presents.


Next came Henri with his cake placard (stirring stick from well known coffee shop) and finally a further present plus the demanded for cake ... probably not as much as he would like .... It was amazing how far the backing paper went and will definitely try this trick again on future projects.

Just looked up from the computer and can't believe it's turning dark at 3:30pm .... far too early. So have lit up the candles and set the wax burners off, for a cosy feel to the afternoon. Well can't say night as it's too flipping early!

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Fussy and Fancy - different folds
Aud sentiment - anything goes + sentiment
Crafting with an attitude - anything goes
Seize the birthday - presents

Comments