Same Tatty Twinkle image but presented two ways ...

I was recently asked to create two cards for a young girl, which wasn't a problem .... but .... both people chose the same image to appear on her card .... gulp!

After a little inward panic, I decided that the easiest thing to do was stamp the image on to different card colours, so that's what I did! The image chosen was Tatty Twinkle Cowgirl.

Card 1

Tatty is coloured with Prisma pencils and I have kept the layering simple. The background was made by masking Tatty off and stamping the wood blocks to create a fence. I then added the bunting on top. The sentiment is from the same stamp set too. As an added extra, I used some Tattered Lace die cuts.



Card 2:

This time I stamped Tatty on to Kraft card and created the same background. Again, Tatty is coloured with Prisma pencils and I deliberately kept to a very simple colour palate. Simple mat and layering with a few complimentary coloured flowers.


Thankfully both cards were liked (phew) but mental note to self "don't do that again!"

Dinner is cooking as I type and whilst I wait, off to cut the grass before the rain arrives over the weekend. I just hope it is not too heavy as my pear tree is looking stunning, smothered in blossom.

Lou
x x x

Challenges: 
Seize the birthday - make your own background
Addicted to stamps - anything goes
7 kids college fund - anything goes
Crafty Gals - girls, girls, girls

Comments

sandie said…
Your colouring is outstanding and the distressed edges perfect for this design. Thanks for joining ATSM
Sazzle Dazzle said…
Super cute, beautifully coloured and some fabulous elements and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing at ATSM.
How cute! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining ATSM this week!
Deborah Frings said…
I think both cards are just super. The image looks quite different in each card - awesome work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week.
Linda Simpson said…
Hi Lou, these are absolutely gorgeous, love the different designs and such a sweet image Tatty makes.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this both your cards are gorgeous I love how you made them so different to each other. It does show how versatile stamps can be. Hugs Jackie
Wendy said…
Two gorgeous cards! Your colouring is stunning! Xx
Anonymous said…
fun cards with a great design :D
Unknown said…
Both fabulous cards Lou, and with the same image, they look so very different, great work hun, hugs xxx
Lin said…
Two absolute stunners. Your colouring on both is superb, and you have achieved a completely different look with each.

Thanks for joining us

Lin
Dream Valley
Unknown said…
So pretty and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner xx
Nancy said…
Both fabulous cardsI I so enjoyed looking at all the details and your coloring is WOW! I guarantee the little girl will love them both! Thanks for linking up with us over at Seize the Birthday and we hope to see you again soon!
Sandi said…
What a great card! Love your coloring and the image is adorable!
Thanks for playing with us this week at 7 Kids Collage Fund.
Huggs
Becca Cruger said…
My goodness, Lou... These are ADORABLE! You have some serious coloring skills and both cards are so perfect. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner!
Deonna B said…
What a Awesome stamp set! You colored this perfectly! Fantastic Card! Thank you for sharing your work this week with TTCRD. Come and play in our new "Anything goes" challenge starting tomorrow. I would love for you to also visit my blog at http://ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
/Hi, They both look amazing. Love the c.f. colour choices. Such a beautiful image and design. I am now following you.

Hugs Anna xx
http://chasingchaoticchaos.blogspot.co.uk/
JoAnn said…
Love both of your cards. The image is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Rosie said…
This is fabulous! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie