Tissue Box meets stampbord and pan pastels

Sunday already ... where has my weekend gone? I know I've had two days off work but it doesn't feel that way. I would like to put it down to being busy busy but have had a chilled weekend. Oh well.


It's inspiration week over at Pan Pastel Challenges and we are still busy altering anything that stands still long enough and I decided to use an empty tissue box to create a storage "thingy". I cut it in half and glued the two pieces side on.



I covered the sides with a fab selection of papers I found in an Euro shop when visiting mum. They are by and a really good weight. I also covered the inside too.


Using raw umber and coarse black pearlescent pan pastels, I distressed/aged the edges. Next I dug out my fav PAB stamps: postcard and roses. I created some postcards using both the papers and the stamps, ageing them with the same coloured pan pastels as before.



I added the postcards to my boxes to look as if they were travelling memorabilia.


Earlier in the week I was having a good old chat with my PP teamie, Terry and I was moaning about how I faff on embellishing my projects, so much so, half do not get completed. Terry suggested that I only select a few embellishments for my project and just work with them, and them only. So I did just that ... sat and thought what would and wouldn't work, got them out and started making my embellishments .... but .... then I remembered I had saved some ace stamps (from a parcel from the US) and some travel related stickers, so breaking my promise, off I went to find them. Several hours later, craft stuff everywhere, I finally found them. Uuummmmm, lesson learnt but my time wasn't completely wasted as I have used them. Sorry Terry, promise to try harder next week ...


Okay enough waffle. One of the things I searched for was these stamps and they are perfect embellishments. I have used them on small stampbord squares which have been distressed and then aged with coarse black pearlescent pan pastel.


On a larger piece of stampbord, I began by covering it with distress inks and then misting with water. Next I over stamped with several of the clock images from the roses set. and using the etching tool, I added white highlights by scratching away the surface. Next I added some more of the stamps, raising one up. The edges have all been coloured with black coarse pearlescent pan pastel.


I added my stamp embellishments to the front of the boxes. I also added  my other "bits and bobs" until I was happy.


On the sides and back, I have stamped images and words from the same PAB stamp sets to co-ordinate with the front. I have not added anything 3D to these surfaces though.


Think that's everything and I thoroughly enjoyed really altering something from scratch: it was liberating. Now to get it added to the challenge blog ... off she runs.

Have a great Sunday everyone,

Lou
x x x

Links to the products I used:


Challenges:
Fashionable Stamping - favourite go to stamp(s) - PAB Postcard set
Scribble and Scrap - anything goes
Sir Stampalot - one for the boys
Mixed Media World - anything goes
Crafty Calendar Challenges - add some metal
A Vintage Journey
Brown Sugar - anything goes