Inspired by Tim Holtz using my pan pastels

Before I begin, another big MWAH to my Pan Pastel teamies who have been brilliant during my absence ... and  a huge welcome to the new teamies too .... thank you ladies x x x

The theme this fortnight over at Pan Pastel Creativity is "inspired by Tim Holtz" and I have some stamps that I have been itching to use on a messy project for a long while ....


I have made a mini 6"x6" canvas which I covered with some paper left over from another project. I then coloured the paper with my pan pastels to create a sunny background adding gold highlight with my soft gold metallic pan pastel. I added various stamped images to add further dimension PCB clear stamps).


I then stamped an Indigo Blu stamp along the bottom and added green highlights again with my pan pastels. I then added a few green patches on to the background to create an ethereal look (?!?).


On a separate piece of card, I stamped the postcard and coloured it to match the background. I then stamped the butterfly image on to the postcard and coloured (of course with my pan pastels). I cut the postcard out and placed it on to my canvas background.




On another piece of card, I stamped another large butterfly, smaller butterflies, the sentiment and 3 dandelion clocks. Each have been coloured to blend with the background. All images were then cut out ready for placing. The sentiment (from Kaiser Kraft) has been chopped up, each word layered on to black card and then placed on to the canvas.



With the dandelion clocks, I wanted to add something to their centres. Buttons just didn't do anything for me and after a rummage I discovered a box full of grommets. I was over the moon at their re-discovery but have to sadly admit, these wonderful embellishments have been neglected for so long: in truth, I had completely forgotten that they were in my stash.


To balance out each corner, I decided to add a little lace scrap I discovered on the table. At first I thought it was too small to do anything with but then remembered I had a ribbon buckle embellishment (7 Gypsies) and added this to one end. To secure everything in place I added 3 eyelets.


I thoroughly enjoyed getting messy and creative: such a blast. Another canvas is already on the go .... and fingers crossed will compliment this one (sort of-ish), so watch this space. Well there was so much "stuff" out on the table that it was quicker to make another canvas than tidy everything away (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

Right I'm  off to sit in the sun and catch up on Pinterest as fancy doing either a sewing or crochet project whilst I'm off on hols. Thanks for popping over and I promise that I will be visiting everyone shortly.

Take care,

Lou
x x x

Products I have used:

COMING SOON ... new stamp range from Polka Doodles: postcard and butterfly (watch this space)

 Pan Pastel set - Donna Downey Mixed Media 2  http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/index.php?cPath=749       



I am entering my canvas in to the following challenges:

The Sisters of Craft - anything goes
Craft my life - anything goes but no cards
That Craft Place - anything goes
Anything but a card challenge - anything goes
Melonheadz Friends - things with wings
Use your stuff - lots of layers
Crafting when we can - make your own background
Time for scrap - anything goes
Fan-tastic Tuesday - anything goes
Altered Eclectics - anything goes

Comments

Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,so pretty.xxx
Yvonne said…
Absolutely beautiful!
So looking forward to working with you on the DT xx
Lou the softness of your canvas is delightful. It reflects the beauty of a warm summer's day. Thank you for linking to Anything But A Card.
Julie
PS I love my Pan Pastels too!
Amanda said…
The butterflies are lovely and the sentiment is a wonderful message! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff!
May said…
Stunning canvas...I adore the soft colours & the images are so Beautiful...Simply perfect... Thank you for joining us at Craft my life challenge... Hugs May x x
Deanne Saunders said…
Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in our MELONHEADZ FRIENDS challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper
michelle said…
I love this. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge.michelle dt x
This is fab - gorgeous thankyou for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month.
Eclectic Ellapu - Owner
Altered Eclectics - Owner
Handcrafted by Ellapu
DT Crafty Ribbons
Tina Chianna said…
such a work of art :) . Thank you so much for entering into the sisters of craft challenge and good luck. Tina DT x
Poppet said…
Gorgeous project Lou. I love all the details you've put into this work. The colours are beautiful together.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx
Laura W said…
Lovely art, one of my favourite quotes.Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends, see you Monday for a new challenge!