It's all about the men over at Polka Doodles

The new challenge for the next fortnight over at Polka Doodles is "Men on our minds" and I have used the image from Work and Play 3.

 ** Work & Play Collection 3


I have made my card with my dad in mind and as he lives near the beach; it just suits him perfectly. I have deliberately kept the layout simple as wanted the image and sentiment to be the main focal point.


The sentiment is actually from the doctor section of the CD but I though it would work great on my card. I have cut it out as a cloud shape to match in with the backing paper. A bit of green torn paper as my grass and a quick card.

A bit sad today as the half term week is drawing to a close and the weather has been pants! All plans about doing my garden have not materialised but I will get out there very soon before if turns in to a jungle or the triffids come to take residence !!!

Have a great weekend everyone,

Lou
x x x


I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Crafting for all seasons - boys will be boys
Paper Pretties - Father's Day/Masculine
Card Mania - CAS
Charisma Cardz - Father's Day
Delightful Sketches - it's a guy thing
Simply Create - Father's Day

Comments

Bev said…
I could so use this image for my dad too although maybe with a little less hair! Lol fab make & so sorry you've had this awful weather for half term. It's bound to brighten up come Monday. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/wk-22-men-on-our-mindspolkadoodles.html?m=1
Wow ,this is a lovely colored image ,Beautiful card.
Gr Elly
Karon said…
This is wonderful, Lou. Fabulous colours and love that sentiment! TFS
Scrappy Scatty said…
Fabby card Lou , made me smile
Love Scatty xx
Polkadoodles
Peanut said…
What a handsome project, Lou. It would be perfect for my hubby! Thanks for joining our Men On Our Mind challenge at Polka Doodles (!)
hugs, Asha
Granmargaret said…
Great Male card.
kenli said…
So beautiful . Stunning creation.Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challendges.
Claire said…
Hi Lou, fab card - that sentiment is perfect with that image. Gorgeous colouring too. hope you're having a good weekend
Claire xx
Denise @ kc242 said…
What a wonderful masculine card. Simply love your design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
Denise
Delightful Challenges DT
Dawn said…
Great card Lou! I love that image!
Thanks for playing with us in the Boys Will Be Boys Challenge at Crafting For All Seasons!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
PoppyK said…
Chill pill I NEED one of those !! xx Great card xx
New Creations said…
A beautiful Masculine CAS card. love it!!!
Anjie said…
This is brill Lou! Wish I was doing that right now!
Hugs
Anj
xx
maria f. said…
Love this. What a sweet image and I love how you've kept it soft and delicate rather than bold. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!
mixamatoasties said…
Love this. Fab card.

Thanks for sharing at Charisma.

Susan