Using die cuts & embossing powders to create a fairy ...

Did you recently see the launch of the "Wings & Things" collection from Tonic Studios? Oh my, oh my ... loads of butterfly goodness and a couple of fairies too. There was oodles and oodles of wonderful inspiration from the DT but one in particular caught me eye and inspired me ... it was the skirt on the dress that helped me design my fairy ... thank you Karen ...


So using the Fae & Pixie die set - from Wings & Things collection - I created my fairy ...


She's been coloured with a mixture of Nuvo Brush Script pans, Aqua Flow pens and lots, no oodles of different Nuvo embossing powders. I hope you can clearly see the texture and dimension the embossing powders add to the finished image.


As I always have to 'faff' when making a project, also constantly change my mind and then 'throw everything but the kitchen sink' at it too, I simply had to add more dimension with lots of trims.



Now there is an added extra ... a baby wipe! Yep, that's right, a baby wipe which has been used to create the wings of my fairy.


To explain the full process as to how I created the fairy, - which shows you how the baby wipe is used - I have made a You Tube video. Please be gentle with me as new to this videoing game: dislike hearing my own voice, wish my camera worked properly and more importantly, I need to stop saying 'SO'! You can find my You Tube video HERE. I do hope you can pop over and check it out. All feedback welcome too as want to improve. Sadly do think a new camera may need to go on my Christmas list this year ...

Lou
x x x

All products and links are below:



I would like to enter my fairy in to the following challenges:
International Art & Soul - Not square or rectangle
Pile It On - fantasy
Corrosive Challenge - anything goes
Mixed Media World - anything goes
Love 2 Create - anything mixed media goes
Hiding in my craft room - lots of layers
Fairy & the unicorn - anything goes
Creative Artiste - anything mixed media goes
Scrap & Craft - recycle something - my baby wipe

Comments

Dawn said…
Oh WOW, your fairy is just so lovely. What a fantastic project. Thank you so much for sharing. x
CraftyGirl said…
Thank you for playing along this week at International Art & Soul. I sure hope to see you back again very soon!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
International Art & Soul DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is stunning it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Brawny x said…
Lovely creation Lou. X
Judy McKay said…
Lou, your project it beautiful. Love the colours and textures. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT
Kathy said…
Stunning and so clever Lou! (sneaked the 'so' in there, did you notice hahaha)

Not really a 'fairy' sort of person myself, but it doesn't stop me admiring this little beauty!
CG said…
Wow, this is stunning! Love all the details. I bet she's just a dream IRL. Thank you for joining us at International Art & Soul! Best, CG
Jan said…
This is gorgeous xx Jan
Suzi Mac said…
Fabulous project, very innovative, thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft Inspiration. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi x
Inna Bronnikova said…
Very beautiful! Thank you very much for your participation in the challenge of MMW!