Getting ready for Christmas with Polkadoodles ...

I'm still shaking my head as I can't quite believe that I'm starting to compile a stockpile of Christmas cards. I might even surprise myself and not have to buy any this year ... uuummm, maybe that was too rash a promise to make!

Recently I had the pleasure to play with some new Christmas stamps released by Nikky Hall at Polkadoodles and as is the way, I simply had to have a great stamping frenzy session. Here's the first card I made using the Christmas Santa Claus stamp (focal point) and Holly Jolly 6" x 6" paper pad ...


I began by creating a tag card base mainly because - although this image would make a cracking Christmas tag - my goal, (at the moment), is to create Christmas cards ready for the up and coming season. I've covered the tag with one of the backing papers from the Jolly Holly pad and even though it wasn't quite big enough, I knew the join would be covered with my horizontal border; another paper from the same pad.


I have coloured Santa in traditional colours, rather than the modern red we see nowadays, layering him on top of another stamped image, Christmas Tree Script. This in turn has been layered on to a panel covered in the wonderful bauble papers, edged with the die cut corners from the Ribbon Gift set.


At this point I realised that Santa was blending in to the background a little too much, so stamped the wreath from the Christmas Wreath set, in black as a contrast, cut it out and I think it now acts as a perfect frame for Santa. To link the baubles backing paper with the other images, I stamped some extra baubles - from Christmas Snow Baubles collection - coloured, shaped, added strings with a black pen, finally mounting with 3D foam.


The sentiments on the tag are also from the same paper pad, as is the cute small number tags and they all co-ordinate beautifully. As my final finishing touch, I stamped and coloured some of the holly leaves, added crystal drops mixed with red glitter and placed them at the bottom.


However, I only have one nagging doubt still about my project ... should I add ribbon/ribbon bow to the top? What do you think? I just can't decide ....

This week I'm going to be sharing lots of projects made using the wonderful Christmas clear stamps from Polkadoodles and to get you all in to the Christmas spirit, have blog candy to give away ... a beautiful set of Polkadoodles clear stamps called 'Christmas Sentiment Flourish'. All the details can be found HERE.

How's your Christmas card making going? Do you have grand ideas each year and never quite achieve them, (like me) or are you super organised? Please do share your organisational tips with me as am determined to be on top of things this year.

Lou
x x x

Products and links:


I would like to enter Santa in to the following challenges:
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Dragonfly Dreams - fully loaded
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - anything goes
Colour Crazy Challenge - anything goes
Emerald City Crafts - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes

Comments

dutchess said…
That’s a very jolly Santa Lou....and I love the card...xxx
KarinsArtScrap said…
cute and gorgeous tag Lou.

Gr Karin
Jackie T said…
Hi Lou I love that image of Santa and your card is gorgeous. I do try not to buy Christmas cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Hazel said…
Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x
NanaConnie said…
Oh, what an adorable Santa, Lou! Love the dimension you created. We're really excited to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Emerald City this month. Hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT