Spellbloggers post - HappyBee Birthday ...

Recently I shared a mini tutorial using Spellbinders Honey Bee die set (see HERE) and after making that card it spurred me on to make another but instead of using white card, this time I chose cream. The curious thing inside wanted to see how much different the same colours were for the end projects. The only difference I can see is that the colours look a little warmer - what do you think?

Before I begin, I must pay respects to the 'work horse' that sits besides me on my crafting space and has been it's weight worth in gold productivity wise ... my Spellbinders Sapphire machine. This is a complete and utter god send when it comes to cutting smaller dies as its quicker to use but it's overall footprint is next to nothing. I just wish it was easy to find the replacement cutting pads here in the UK ... 😔


Right, let's get going and here's the project I am sharing today ...


I have used exactly the same colours as for my first card, (see HERE) but rather than create a background, I have used the die cuts themselves.


I have used Spellbinders Tiny Sentiment stamps stamped with Nuvo Hybrid black shadow ink and chosen 2 this time. I cut all the die cuts out from different offcuts of cream card as thought it would be 1] great way of using scraps and 2] wanted to see how the colours looked on different shades of 'cream' ... as you do ...


If I was doing this card again would probably stamp the sentiments first as was a wee bit tricky with all the different layers. A black micron pen soon came to the rescue ... phew!

Right O, better get ready for my day out with mum,

Lou
x x x

Products & Links:


I would like to share my card in the following challenges:
Crafting by design - anything goes
Crafty Creations - anything goes
Day Dreamer Challenges - anything goes
Fab 'n' Funky - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes

#spellbinders   #spellbloggers   #neverstopmaking

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Isobel said…
Great project thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs
Gorgeous card Lou. xxx
Such a lovely, happy card. Glad to have found you through the Word Art Wednesday's challenge.
Unknown said…
I just love anything that is "bee" related! Your card design is great. TFS with us at Word Art Wednesday!