Find your own Tropical Paradise

A while back I decided to stamp our lots of the floral elements from the Tropical Flowers and Tropical Flamingo Paradise stamps from Polkadoodles and then I could always have a supply of images ready for those 'just in case' moments. Guess what? Yep, one of those moments suddenly sneaked up - without warning - and I had to quickly make a birthday card. I do sometimes wonder why we have calendars in this house and what makes it worse is I use an old fashioned diary too!

Enough of my 'lack of organisation' woes and on to my card ...


I created the background by masking off my card base leaving a circular aperture. Out came my Nuvo embellishment mouses and I began creating a warm, tropical background. The mousses blend beautifully and now even better with a new Nuvo product which is coming out shortly ... watch this space is all I can say ...! I stamped my sentiment in to the centre of the circle and then began layering all the floral elements.


All the flowers have been coloured with Nuvo Aqua Flow pens and the centres either filled with Nuvo Crystal Drops or seed beads.


I've tried to stick to a tropical or hot colour palate to match my background and even recoloured several of the flowers to add that extra 'hot' feel .... When I had finished - and for the life of me I don't know why - I began splattering matching ink over my design and then added even more Nuvo Crystal Drops. Maybe a 'touch' overkill now I look back ...!


I added the humming bird because the top of the circle looked bald and was crying out for something. I think the bird beautifully links both the flower parts now and gonna say that was my plan all along ... well why not?

The weather here is not looking at all tropical - cold, wet and very grey. As is the way with the British weather it will change dramatically ready for the start of a new school term. Am I being a little cynical now?

I hope the sun has managed to shine where you are today but if not, create your own sun shine by maybe making something 'tropical',

Lou
x x x

Products & links:

I would like to enter my tropical card in to the following challenges:
Dream Valley - use stamp or digi
Make My Monday - last days of summer
Cards & more - anything goes
Retarte - anything goes #104
Through the craftroom door - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - masking

Comments

Kathy said…
Soooo pretty!
Lovely card and gorgeous colours
Tracy Welham said…
Stunning, gorgeous colours. Creative Blessings, Tracy x
Beautiful bright card x
Sylvia said…
Beautiful card, love the tropical colours and floral elements.

Sylv xx
Anonymous said…
This is stunning, love those hot colours and love the little Humming Bird and gorgeous flowers!

Nicola ♥
Nandini said…
Wow! Really, really gorgeous card with fabulous coloring! Great to see you joining the Make My Monday challenge. All the very best! Nandini, DT
Dawn said…
WOW. This is amazing. Such gorgeous work. x
María Pilar said…
Preciosa tarjeta con unos colores muy bonitos
Gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte#104
Maria Pilar DT
Brawny x said…
Fabulous cardvx
Debi said…
Gorgeous, so bright and cheerful! Love the blending and the splatters. Thanks so much for playing at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi DT
Beautifully topical! so glad you shared it with us at Tuesday Throwdown!
Hugs
N-Eva said…
This is absolutely stunning! . Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT
Anja said…
Wow your card is so beautiful :) love it!
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Anja