So many smiles ... begin with you!

The other day I stamped out lots of images from Polkadoodles Tropical Flowers and Tropical Flamingo stamp sets to take with me, (as I had a few things to do), so whilst waiting, I could colour them up. The only difficulty I had was trying to fill my watercolour brushes using my bottle of water - I did make a little mess 😅!

Here's one of the projects I made with a selection of the images:


The panels came about because I trimmed the backing paper a wee bit too much and then it looked odd on the card blank, (as a background), especially against the die cut panel but it was too precious to throw away and start again. So after some careful measuring (and the realisation I didn't really need a panel in the middle), I managed to finally make 8 panels. Oh the faffing I did just to save and use my precious paper!


The flamingo has been raised with 3D foam pads on to the oval die cut which in turn has been raised on to the back panel. Both die cuts are from the Polkadoodles Bubbleicious Frames and Fancies die set. Rather sillily, I started to assemble my card and then had a real"doh" moment ... I had forgotten to stamp the sentiments and that's why they are a little "skew whiff". If you tilt your head slightly or squint, they look perfectly lined up 😏 Ohhhh, these are a retired set of stamps from Stampin' Up called 'Petitie Pairs'.


I decided to place the palm leaves behind the oval frame and then the flowers. These are from the Tropical Flowers stamp set and were shaped with a ball tool before a gem added to the centre.


Watch this space as I have quite a few projects made using these wonderful stamps and only wish my garden was filled with wonderful tropical flowers and not just holes from where the dog has been digging for stones!

Back to work today after a wonderfully long weekend and am going to enjoy the calm before the rev up to SATs next week. Happy Tuesday everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Craftaholics - flowers
Crafts and me - anything goes
Craftyhazelnut's patterned paper challenge - patterned paper
Creative Sketchy Girls - flowers
Creative with stamps - flowers
Die Cut Diva's - May flowers
Love to craft - anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes
Through the craftroom door - anything goes
Retarte - anything goes

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
Lou you have made a lot of gorgeous cards
Gr Karin
Elizabeth Hart said…
I love everything about this card - it is so fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT
Janis Lewis said…
Cute! Thanks for sharing at Craftaholics R Us!
~Owner/DT Janis
Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls.

Hugs
Claudia

DT Creative Sketchy Girls

http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutslmeisjes.blogspot.be
Loose Stitches said…
Gorgeous card, love the background, flowers and flamingo!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads
Creaine said…
wow very nice. Thanks for joining us at Creative Sketchy Girls. Good luck.
Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/
Lilian said…
Oh, this is gorgeous! It was totally worth saving the background paper! =)
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio
SewPaperPaint said…
What a beautiful design and great coloring! Hugs, Autumn
Monika Reeck said…
I really love your panel behind the main Image and the flowers so good colored love your arrangement
beautifully made
many thanks to joining with us at Creative With Stamps this Month
hugs
Monika
Bettina L. said…
This is absolutely gorgeous. Love your colouring and design. Thanks for sharing at Lemon Shortbread. Hope to see you back again soon. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx
Monica Maier said…
Loving everything about this card, especially the flamingo! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!
Pippa said…
Beautiful card and the panels were worth the effort! Thanks for sharing at Love to Craft. Pippa DT
Donna Ellis said…
Your card is gorgeous, Lou! I love the layout, and your colors are simply beautiful! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}