A blast from the past ...

Recently I have been trying to organise all my stamps so that it makes it easier to see what I have and then, use them. I have soooo many boxes, files, wallets etc with stamps stuffed in them, I thought it was about time they were sorted, (cared for properly), one and for all. It took me a while as I also decided to give quite a few sets a proper clean. Still need to think about an effective storage idea, that in turn doesn't take up half my crafting space. Does anyone have ideas or recommendations?

Whilst rummaging through I came across a set of stamps that date back to mid 2012 and they are from the Polka Doodles Club - The Pen and Paper Circle Magazine. In each issue you received a stamp set, a CD and a magazine with DT inspiration using the craft goodies. One of the issues featured a wonderful roses set, so I gave it a quick clean and inked away on to some papers ...


The card shape was cut by hand and it is essentially a frame that supports 2 large hearts. I then cut 2 slightly smaller hearts to act as a mat, embossing them in a heart folder, (DoCrafts I think).


After stamping all my roses and leaves, I cut them out and inked the edges lightly. Next I placed them on to the embossed hearts.


The sentiment was from the same stamp set, mounted to the card front with 3D foam. I'm quite liking this shape and need to have a play on hubbies S'n'C and see if I can design it on there, so I can speed up the making process.

Well it's happy hump day and the weekend it now peeking out at me, although the weather forecast doesn't look brilliant and I really want to get out in to the garden to do a tidy up. Lots of layers will be needed, me thinks.

Lou
x x x

Challenges:
Creative Moments - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
Just keep on crafting - anything goes
Cards & more - girls, girls, girls
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes

Comments

Linda Simpson said…
This is stunning Lou, I love this quote too.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Billie A said…
Beautiful project. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A
Inspiration Destination
Catch the bug
Creative with Stamps
Aud Sentiments
scrapgrit said…
a very nice card. Thanks for participation on cards and more challenge. Margrit
Alpna said…
Wow. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again.
Alpna- DT Member