O Christmas Tree

Today's the day when Nikky Hall launches a new collection of stamps (on Create & Craft @ 2pm and 7pm) to join the ever so popular stamp soup family .. Festive Christmas! There are 2 sets in the collection - O Christmas Tree and Red, Red Robin. I was very lucky and was allowed to "play" with the stamps prior to their launch.

Here is one of my samples...


I have used the tree stamp from the O Christmas Tree set to create a considerably larger Christmas tree shaped card measuring 22cm tall and 16cm wide ...! I stamped the tree image 11 times and then cut each one out leaving a small border. I then began building up my "new" tree making sure they over lapped, trying to make them look bushy.


Next using some beads and some lights (that were found hiding in my Christmas box), I draped them across the front of the tree. I stamped a selection of holly leaves and coloured them with peeled paint distress ink. I have deliberately made one leaf darker that the other, so that the leaves stood out against the tree. I placed a pair of leaves about each light. I have a rather soft spot for the robin image, so stamped him and nestled him amongst the holly leaves.


To hide the join where all my embellishments met, I stamped one of the small embellishment stamps twice on to vellum, embossed with gold embossing  powder and then created a small flower-like embellishment.


Apologies for the poor photos as they do not really show all the layers and bushy-i-ness of my card.

I hope you're enjoying all of Nikky's demos and me personally, so envious of her painting style. Will be back again really soon, sharing another of my projects,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut - anything goes as long as it's Christmas
Creative Corner - no patterned paper
QKR Stampede - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
That's Crafty - Christmas
Cards for galz - anything but square

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card the design is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Veerle said…
Very special card, well done. Thank you for joining our challenge.
Greetings, Veerle DT Creative Corner
Dorothy S said…
Oh, wow! What a lot of cutting - for a stunning result! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede - anything goes - for this week.
Dorothy S, DT member
Sherri said…
This is just a stunning tree! Perfect for a Christmas card for your favorite person! Thanks for joining us for the QKR Stampede weekly challenge!
Fliss said…
Wow Lou! This looks absolutely amazing and is so clever in design too.
Thanks so much for joining in at That's Crafty! this time and great to have you with us.
Fliss xx
Jessica K said…
Gorgeous Christmas card! I just love it!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!

Jess - DT
www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca
Hazel said…
Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 299 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x
Julie B said…
Super Christmas tree shaped card, love those lights you found in your stash, a perfect embellishment.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)