Seaside postcards


Can you guess that I am still in a stamping mode but with all the new loveliness I have received recently, do you blame me? Whilst tidying up, (yep I do tidy me crafting area ever now and then), I came across 2 pieces of water colour card and instantly I knew that they would make fab postcards using the Tropical Oceans and Tropical Underworld stamp sets.


Each card is different and uses lots of images from both sets. The first postcard is all about the beach huts and they have been stamped all in a row, with a border of shells. The images have been water coloured using distress inks.


The second postcard came about because I simply wanted to use the lighthouse image and I created a simply scene, so it would remain the focal point. Again I've used all the shell images to create my border.As with the first card, I used my distress inks to watercolour the images.


Now on the back, I have created the postcard writing/address bit using the "Wish you were here" stamp set but sillily forgot to photograph the back. Will rectify that shortly ...

Well it's a start of a new week and my "to do" list seems to be increasing not decreasing but if I'm honest that could be because I am procrastinating a little too much!

Happy Monday everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:




Challenges:
Artistic Inspiration - anything goes
Crafty Boots - stamping
Make my Monday - fun in the sun
A bit more time to craft - anything goes
Artistic Stamper - anything goes
Country View Crafts - hot summer days
Crafts Galore Encore - use a stamp
Creatalicious - anything goes with beach option
Creative Loops - Summertime

Comments

Linda Simpson said…
Morning Lou, these are gorgeous, loving the stamps and beautiful summery colours. Enjoy your day :)
Hugs
Linda xxx
Zoechaos said…
These are fabulous, never seen a postcard look so good. XOXO
Ob how wonderful. The postie would steal one of these post cards for sure. Lol
Jackie T said…
Hi they are gorgeous and what fabulous stamp sets. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Jan said…
Stunning work xx Jan
Jane said…
Hi Lou these are just gorgeous. Such beautiful images and stunning colouring. They are perfect for my Hot summer days theme over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun. Jane DT xx
Two gorgeous postcards. Your colouring is amazing and I love the nautical theme - especially the great beach huts. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne
Donna Ellis said…
WOW! Your water color techniques on this amazing postcards are beautiful! I love the stamps, and such a beautiful scene depicted on each one of the cards! Amazing. So glad I discovered your blog, Lou.

Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Anything Goes with a Stamp or Digi". I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Please check back to see if you are a winner!
crafty hugs,
de
P.S. I'd love for you to visit my personal blog if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Creative Smiles}
Cazro said…
Fabulous, loving the idea of postcards, they work so well. I love your deep colours. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your project with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.
Monika Gulyas said…
Wow, stunning summer cards! I love your chosen stamped images and your colouring! Thank you for sharing your sea themed cards at the August challenge (Hot summer days) of the Country View Challenges!
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous scenes, I love the images. Thanks for joining us at Country view Crafts this month.
Polkadoodles said…
Wow wow wow!! STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING! THat is all! xxx
Basslady said…
awesome cards with a magnificent colouring!
thank you so much for playing along with us at make my monday-challenge!

Hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi
Melanie said…
Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our " anything goes with optional at the sea / beach” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

A Gorgeous entry to our Creative Challenge at THe Artistic Stamper . Thank you xx
Unknown said…
These are absolutely stunnung- I completely love the stamps and your colouring is amazing.
Thanks for joining in the Creative Loops challenge at www.achelois.co
The challenge for September is feeling blue http://achelois.co/2016/08/feeling-blue-creative-loops-challenge-september/