Remember the moment with Dali Art stamps

Oh the sun is shinning and what a glorious day. The dog and I thoroughly enjoyed our ramble through the fields and I was relieved that for first time in ages, I didn't need to clean him thoroughly after our walk. I think because I was still feeling sunny, I decided to have a bit of inky fun playing with Dali Art 'The Moment - Butterfly Swirl' stamp set. I have deliberately kept the embellishments to a minimum to make sure that wonderful butterfly took centre stage.


I began by arranging the words on to my block in the order I wanted them to appear. Using Perfect medium, I stamped the words on to the corner of my card and embossed them with white embossing powder.


Next using Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed distress ink,  gradually build up colour to expose the words but leaving a white area at the top right of your card.


Using the ends of the butterfly wings, add swirls to the edges of your card with Picked raspberry distress ink.


Once I had added enough swirl decoration, I stamped the butterfly to frame the words and fill the upper space of the card.



I then mounted the finished panel on to a piece of black card leaving a small border. As an extra layer, I cut a piece of white card and tore away one corner which I then coloured as per the topper. I have raised the butterfly topper with 3D foam and added a knotted ribbon off cut.

I really do need to make more CAS cards but unfortunately, I sometimes "over think" the design and before you know it, out come the embellies ....!

Fantastic sunny day today and caught up with all the washing but now I have to do something with it ... yawn!

Lou
x x x

Products and links:
DLCSA6002



Challenges:
7 Kids College Fund - anything goes
Crafting by Design - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Crafty Addicts - anything goes/add ribbon
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies - anything goes
Through the purple haze - anything goes

Comments

Unknown said…
Fabulous bacground just love the colours and the words are so apt, thanks for sharing Louise xx, thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT
Isobel said…
Great card thanks for joining the challenge here at Crafting by Designs good luck x
Lovely project, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x
Sandi said…
Both the sentiment and card are lovely!
Thanks for playing with us this week at
http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

Huggs
Sandi
What a lovely image and a beautiful play with colours. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at TTPH.
Joyce xx