Back on line ... sharing a heart bunting with Personal Impressions

Oh my we have had internet woes galore and too much stress, strain and poor customer service that would deserve it's own post ... but I won't dwell as I can feel the blood boiling again.

Boy oh boy, have I missed my blog and sharing my projects. I love writing on here as I do think of my blog as my crafting diary and although I share my projects with everyone, it is also gives me a chance to have a nostalgic look back over the years at my different fads, crafting loves (even temporary ones) and see how much my crafting has changed from the very beginning to now. Does anyone else treat their blog this way too?

Now, I am very late posting this but here is the first part of my bunting project for Personal Impressions using the Decopatch Heart Bunting kit. I have split the tutorial in to two parts as it would have been a definite photo overload. Check out the Personal Impressions blog HERE, to get a full tutorial as to how I started to create an "interactive" bunting. The heart Decopatch Heart Bunting has 5 large hearts (13.5cm x 15cm), 5 smaller hearts (9cm x 9cm) and 2 ribbons heavyweight woven ribbons. My first tutorial for the bunting, concentrates on the larger hearts.


I used the wonderful Viva Decor chalky paints, (new crafting crush) for painting the bunting and also in different ways ...

1] painting an embossing folder. Let me explain a bit further. You cannot run the hearts through a die cutting machine as they are too thick for the folder, so I transferred the design n to the heart using the folder as a stamp.


 2] aging Kaiser Kraft 'Oh So Lovely' stickers ...


I wanted to do something a little different with the bunting so it was always 'uesed' and not just displayed, so I added a decorated peg to all the larger hearts. More of why will appear in my next tutorial ... so watch this space.


Here is a sneak peek of the final finished project ...


Have a great Easter weekend everyone and enjoy the chocolate overload,

Lou
x x x





Comments