Using everything up ... for once!

Last week for my project on Love to Create Challenges, (see here) I used some wonderful papers from House of Zandra to decorate my MDF desk tidy. As I had used both gels and pan pastels on the papers, it seemed such a shame to just consign them to my "must keep and use one day" scraps box. So with that in mind, I decided to create a card and matching box ...


I mixed copper metallic pan pastel with Maimeri matt gel and used this through several different stencils. A quick way to create raised, shimmery coloured areas. These papers became my backgrounds for the other elements.


On several of the papers, there were floral and butterfly elements which I have cut out and layering on top of my background. I have added coloured highlights using the copper pan pastel. The leaves were coloured with a mixture of permanent green and copper pan pastel.


The sentiment is an all time favourite of mine and is from a retired Studio 12 stamp set (designed by Nikky Hall). I added some lace, ribbon, a bit of "pearl bling" and Nuvo crystal drops as my finishing touches. Finished card is in the photo below ...


I used a similar layout and range of embellishments for my box lid. I really need to do this with more of my precious scraps rather than keeping them safe in a box ....... to be forgotten!


Am in shock that the weekend is almost over as not sure how the time went so ridiculously quickly. Well better pull my socks up and get prepping for "Art and Craft Club" at school tomorrow evening. Would be so much easier if I could decide on what to make ... so many ideas but I do need to narrow them down and just choose one!

Have a great day everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:


Challenges:
Creative Artiste - anything goes
Crafting Musketeers - autumn colours
Crafting for all seasons - layer it up
Inspiration Destination - anything goes

Comments

Beautiful. I love those colours xxx
Aunty Sue said…
Oh this is equally as lovely as last weeks and just love them. Beautiful colours and love the butterfly
Lovely cards and great backgrounds , love love,the sentiment on the top card. Tracy x
Wheelie Crafty said…
Lou a truly stunning Card... Thank you for joining in with the September challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck… We would love to see you gain sometime…

Hugs Rhonda DT xx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au
Linda Simpson said…
Fabulous just adore the design and colours.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Barb said…
I'm so loving this one, colors, design just everything about it. Thanks for sharing at Crafting for all Seasons, hope to see you again. Barb
Andree said…
A fabulous card and box. Great dimension and metallic colourway.
Thank you for joining in with the September challenge at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck x
Unknown said…
beautiful card x thank you for joining us at crafting musketeers Paula Dt
Rosietoes said…
Beautiful card Lou. Love the effect you have achieved. x Edna
KezzasCraft said…
WOW just WOW!!! Thank for joining us at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk
Hugs Kerry (DT)xx