Love a bit of paper piecing ...

Sometimes it's nice to go back to the old favourites that you haven't used in eons and paper piecing for me, is one of those "old favourites". It's such an easy way to create/colour a stamped image, (or digi image), but looks really effective ... in my opinion. I have used one of the Tonic Exquisite stamp sets, "Ladies Day" to paper piece and love how it has turned out ...


I stamped the image 4 times: once on to white card and 3 times on to different papers and then began snipping out the pieces I want from each colour. On the first layer, I used my Nuvo Creative pens (skin tones) to add some subtle shading.


I find that if you stamp on to white card first you have a base to work from and also it gives you a frame around your finished pieces image.


I have used the "Today is all about you" die and stamp set from Tonic to create both my layers and the sentiment. A few bits of lace, ribbon around the central panel and roses for extra decoration.


Another quick post today as the weather is glorious here so off out to do a bit of sight seeing at Huntingdon Castle. It's meant to rain tomorrow so cramming in as much as we can today.

Have a great day everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products and links;



Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - anything goes
Creative Card Crew - lace
Ike's World - F is for fashion
Shopping our stash - layers
Through the craftroom door - anything goes
Artistic Inspiration - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Love to scrap - anything goes

Comments

Mrs A. said…
Your paper piecing looks fab using the different coloured papers. I find paper piecing very soothing cutting all the little bits out. Hugs Mrs A.
Julie Odil said…
Fantastic card, Lou. I love the paper piecing. Thanks for joining our ATG challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments Challenges. Julie, DT
As.I.Do.Rodos. said…
Love the dies and colour combo brilliant card design .Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥
Borqna said…
FANTASTIC!!!
Congratulations!
Linda Simpson said…
This is stunning! I love the design and papers.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Sall said…
Oh I love paper piecing it's a good old favourite of mine but I have never yet tried it with such an elegant and delicate image as you have here, the result is phenomenal. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT
Lillian A said…
Lovely lace and diecuts and you've done great at the paper piecing. Thank you for your entry into our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.
Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card. I love the design. Hugs Jackie
Unknown said…
Lovely card her outfit is georgeous. Thanks for joinin ike's challenge
Lynne DT
Alica said…
very nice, great use of patterned papers!

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Hugs, Alica :)
Mimi said…
Just love this, so elegant and a wonderful colour combo too Lou, so perfect for our Fashion challenge :) :) Thank you for joining us at Ike'sWorld and the best of luck :) :) Hugs Mimi Jane xxxx
Mrs A. said…
Back again with my official hat on this time. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne DT.
Susan Renshaw said…
Very fashionable lady!! Thanks for sharing with Ike's World Challenges!
ike said…
How fabulous - she looks fantastic and that gorgeous frame is divine :-)
Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-)

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Beautiful art. Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges.
Unknown said…
Fabulous card! Love all the layers... just perfect :)

Thank you for joining us at LTSCB #60 Anything goes! Best of luck with your entry!
Tammy - DT
Anonymous said…
Lovely work. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}
Jan said…
This is lovely thanks for joining us xx Jan CCC DT!