Frame It with Polka Doodles

Friday and that means one thing ... we're on our way home. I have no doubt that I will be tired by the time I reach home, exhausted from our packed itinerary and also from lack of sleep. I never really sleep properly when away from home as miss my own bed but combine that with listening out for foot steps in the night, my sleep becomes very light. Next week in school there will be lots of reminiscing but for the staff, it's the next big project .... end of year production!

Now the theme this week over at Polka Doodles Challenges is "frame it" and I have cheated a little by doing the tiniest little frame ... the reason, I didn't want to take away from the elements I had used on my card.


I have used elements and papers from the Rose Budd CD (or on a download if you prefer) to create my card. I aged the papers with purple pan pastel so that they matched the pansy flowers and the butterfly has also been coloured with pan pastels.


As an added touch, I have then covered all the flowers, butterfly and papers with white pearlescent pan pastel which gives a wonderful pearlescent lustre (which my poor photography skills does not capture very well).


As you can see, there is my little frame nestling contentedly amongst all the elements ... hee, hee, hee. It is a Sizzex framelits die and behind that, you can just see a Tattered Lace flower panel die. As a finishing touch, I have added some flat backed gems in a soft purple.


Have a wonderful Friday everyone and I am hoping to catch up with you all sometime over the weekend. however that might be fleeting visit as have a busy weekend planned .... didn't plan that well did I?

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges;
Simply Create: Old, shabby chic, vintage
Brown Sugar: summer fun
Creative Corner: Happy birthday
Crafts Glaore Encore: anything goes
Crafting Musketeers: shades of summer
7 kids college fund: anything goes
Crafty Gals corner: anything goes
Inspiration Destination: anything goes

Comments

Karon said…
This is so wonderful and love the depth you have created. TFS and have a wonderful weekend ..... of sleep ;-)
Unknown said…
Awesome use of colour hun, I love the muted purples, reminds me of heather and long walks :D
hugs xxx
Penny said…
Such a beautiful layout xx
Unknown said…
This is so pretty.xx
Bev said…
I really struggle with the vintage style Lou but once again you've nailed it. So clever x
Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner
chanya13 said…
Fabulous card with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner Agnieszka DT
Rae Ann said…
Such gorgeous colors and detail. Love the way all of the elements work together to create a beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.
Anjie said…
Oh my gosh Lou, this is breathtaking!
Hugs
Anj
xx
karalschuknecht said…
Beautiful card, I love collages and you have done a great job. Thank you for joining us this week at Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT
Peanut said…
Beautiful card - love the colours and design, Lou! Thanks for sharing.
hugs, Asha
Unknown said…
Great job! :) Thank you for joining our challenge//Cat Creative Corner Admin