Oddella heart, Ickyink Art

It's been a long week and I am so relieved it is over. I can honestly say that so far this year, this week has been the most tiring, stressful and lengthy and why, because of statutory testing of primary school children. If both the government (past, present and future) and parents, trusted their teachers assessments, children would not need to suffer the unnecessary stresses of testing. Will stop now as this post could turn in to a lengthy rant ...! On to happier things.

Nikky Hall of Polka Doodles recently created a new range of digi images called "Ickyink Art" and so far their are 4 wonderful girl images to choose from. I have coloured up Oddella Heart image using my Prisma pencils ...


Now I've made the card up, I can't believe that I have forgotten to colour that centre circle on her forehead.


I have set the image on to a tag which I turned in to a card. I got the idea after seeing Sandie's recent post about how she created her tag card base. I have tweaked it slightly as wanted a bigger card base so I could print a larger image. My card is now DL sized.



I have kept the layering as simple as possible as wanted to make sure the image was the focal point. The papers are also from Polka Doodles, Work and Play 10. I haven't chosen a sentiment yet as not sure what to add, so gave up faffing and will add one when inspiration strikes.


Before I go, just to say that Polka Doodles are sponsoring Passionate Paper Creations over on Facebook. If you join the page you will find a discount code for 15% off Polka Doodles digi images and also a code to get a FREE Eden digi image .... so what are you waiting for as the offer ends tomorrow!

Right, gotta get something to eat as stomach thinks my throat has been cut and the noises coming from it, well lets just say, they aren't ladylike!

Lou
x x x

Oddella Heart, Ickyink Art from Polka Doodles

Challenges:
Scrap and Craft - lace and pearls
Crafters Cafe - Feminine
Fab'n'Funky - tag it
Cute Card Thursday - lace
Allsorts - no squares
Suzy Bee's - anything goes with a twist of pink
Creative Moments - teentastic

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a gorgeous card the image is very pretty. This year seemed to be extra stressy for SATs I'm not sure why it was so different. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hugs Jackie
Brawny x said…
Fabulous tag. X
Linda Simpson said…
Morning Lou, this is stunning! I so love the lace. The image is gorgeous too!
Hugs
Linda xxx
Anonymous said…
a great project, really fun design
Unknown said…
Oh Lou, totally gorgeous, you really rock those pencils hunnie!
So pleased you tried the tag card design, it works so well and I love how you made it a DL...in my case, more room for embellies lol
Thank you so much for the mention :D
hugs as always
Sandie xx
cass said…
Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our "Feminine" challenge.
Alison said…
Love the cute image and the black lace - really fab project. Thank you for joining in our Tag It challenge at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x
Pat K said…
Fabulous card/tag. I didn't notice the spot until you mentioned it because your colouring is amazing.
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x
Wendy L said…
This is so pretty, great colouring too, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx
Mervi said…
Gorgeous tag card, fabulous colouring!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m
Hazel said…
Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 80 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x
chanya13 said…
Fabulous card with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments Agnieszka DT