Friday, 20 February 2015

Making music with Kraft and Polka Doodles ...

I am unfortunately a week behind with my blogging as I decided to take a little time off from the internet, which was actually quite liberating ...! All devises had the internet switched off and I went back to the old fashioned way of talking to people ... yep, I used the old land line and talked to people in person. I know ... shock, horror ... but it was great not being on call 24/7 for nothing in particular. Even better not being dragged to check status's or see the latest tweet and spending quality time with my family. However, normality calls again but I now know that I will definitely be trying to give myself breaks from the internet more often ... just got to get a little bit more organised next time.

The last challenge over at Polka Doodles was "kraft inspired" and I wanted to use one of the fab design sheets from the Work and Play 8, Music collection to create my card.


All the elements are from the design sheet although I have added some die cut stars cut from papers from the same CD. The card blank is made from a dark kraft card and lighter shades of kraft card have been used for matting and layering purposes.


I adore the guitar rocker and the sentiment is just perfect for this image too. Well guess what? A new challenge starts today over at Polka Doodles so best hurry up and get myself organised with a project ready to share ....

Happy Friday everyone,

Lou
x x x

Products I used:



Challenges:
Scrap and Craft - birthday
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Creative Card Crew - birthday with a sentiment
Crafts Galore - use a digi
Digi Galore - anything goes
Sparkles - one for the boys

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Lou! this is a fabulous card, love the design and great image. Glad you enjoyed being internet free. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy McCarthy said...

Fabulous card for a teenage boy! xx

jane stillman said...

What a great card, love the papers image and detail x

KarinsArtScrap said...

Lou this is fab and great card.
Gr Karin

Andree said...

A brilliant card Lou. The image, layout and elements are all brilliant x

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Lou this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the image. Hugs Jackie

Lea Brawn said...

Fab card. Great image and design x

Chrissy Sharp said...

Hello Lou, a fabulous card. Love the image and the design. Great colours.

Chrissy xx

Gemma said...

Cool card
Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use a stamp or Digi for February challenge #2
Good luck
Gemma xx

Dana Desmond said...

I love boy cards and I think this one tops my favs list. I love the grundge on his hat. My 16 yr old would love this card. Thank you for participating this week in the Creative Card Crew challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, this is such a fun and fabulous card, Lou. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to stop by and share your wonderful art with us, and I hope that you will share with us again soon. I'm so grateful to have you with us.
Bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Rebecca said...

Fab card, perfect for a boy! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles, we hope to see you again soon!

Love From Rebecca xx
DT

Wendy Russell said...

Love this, the shape is fab.xx