Clash of the colours over at Polka Doodles

Edited to add: aaahhhhh, this was scheduled for LAST FRIDAY. I am such a numpty as saved it as a draft post and not a scheduled post. Gonna blame it on senior moments. Okay lets pretend I've scheduled my post for the correct Friday ..........


Oh my, the first week of the holidays flew by but the second week has galloped past me and I'm not sure why, where or what I have achieved this week .... I need to start keeping a proper journal again to record my outings, projects and general ramblings. Uuuummm another idea to add to my crafty "must do at some point" list!

Well it's Friday and it's the mid challenge inspiration post over at Polka Doodles for the current theme which is "Clash of the colours". I feel that theme needs to be said in a big, booming, voice over type voice and have just scared my dog practising ... lol


For my card I have used Dollie goes East CD as love all the papers and embellies on that CD and although oriental themes are perceived as be calm, soothing and reflective, at other times the colours are also vibrant, bold, loud and of course, clashing.

l

I adore the lanterns and think there is something magical about them. I have printed them out in varying sizes and coloured each with my pan pastels. I have then cut them out ready to layer up on my card.



The background has been made using just 2 papers and an embossed panel (embossing highlighted with pan pastels) which have been layered on to glitter card ..... a big step for me as am not a glitter person ... sorry. I have used Doobadoo laser art shapes to add extra detail and some have been coloured with my pan pastels to match in with the colour scheme. The sentiment is from Studio 12 and I think it fits in with the lantern theme on my card.


Right I have to get organised today (eeek) as eldest son is getting ready to move into his first grown up flat with his adorable girlfriend and I am helping them accumulate their belongings and also decluttering some of my house in to theirs ... well it has to be done!

Lou
x x x

Products I have used:

Pan Pastel set - Donna Downey Mixed Media 2Dollie Daydream Goes East CD Collection

  Card/Paper laser Art A5 - Stars  Card/Paper laser Art A5 - Swirls   

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

A girl who crafts - anything goes
Delightful Challenges - anything goes
7 kids challenge blog - anything goes with a twist of "wordy"
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

Comments

Jane Savage said…
Absolutely stunning, Lou! Gorgeous, gorgeous colours and I love how you have arranged those lanterns! Beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx
so pretty! Love the coloring! Thanks for joining us at www7.kidscollegefund.com!