Celebrating over at We Do Doobadoo

Edited to add: in my haste to be organised (say no more) my post did not appear when I scheduled it. Would like to blame blogger but in all honesty, it was probably me!


It's been a little hectic here at the moment and was hoping for some extra "down time" as am on holiday but no rest for for the mildly wicked .... can't claim to be truly wicked as just do not have the time to fully mischievous (lol).

The theme this fortnight over at We Do Doobadoo is "Celebrations" and as we have a wedding to go to, it gave me the impetuous to make the wedding card, although have to admit, it is a non-traditional wedding card.


Using the small circles mask/stencil, I embossed all my layers and whilst the stencil was still in place, used a Versamark pad and inked the raised detail. I then applied clear embossing powder and embossed. All the papers edges have been distressed and highlighted using soft gold metallic pan pastel.


Using the honeycomb soft board, I created a base layer which to add my flowers to which are taken from the brides colour scheme. I have added some laser art swirls in amongst the flowers which I have attached some smaller red hearts to (not easy to see if photograph ... sorry). Again you can't really see them as I have hidden them behind the sentiment but I have used the laser art corner flourishes to create a decorative border along the paper strip. Such a great way to create a delicate border.


Using the figure stamps (which were a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine eons ago), I stamped them out using a Versamark and embossed with clear powder. I them cut them out and recovered them with Versamark and embossed again with clear powder. Once cooled, I lightly dusted the figures with soft gold metallic pan pastel and buffed them. Again using Versamark and clear embossing powder, I added a further layer and before fully "set", I added the little red hearts (which have now been set in to the embossing powder layers).

The sentiment is one of my favourites and have to be honest and say, normally use it for the inside of my cards (card insert) as I think it can mean anything to anyone for any occasion. However this time, I decided it needed "centre stage" and I think it goes well with the "non-traditional" wedding vibe I am trying to achieve.


I should mention that the hearts have been punched from the envelope our wedding invitation came in (as it was just too gorgeous to throw away), so I suppose I have incorporated something of their wedding in to their card .... ! I did make a matching box to put the card in but rather sillily forgot to photograph it .... oh well at least I remembered to photograph the card ....

Off to get my glad rags on now and hope you all have a wonderful weekend,

Lou
x x x

products I have used:

laser art Flourish Corners  Card/Paper laser Art A5 - Swirls  Card/Softboard laser Art A5 - Honeycomb  Mask/Stencil Art A5 - Small Circles 

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Crafty Catz - anything goes 
Artbymiran Challenges - anything goes
Crafty Girls Challenges - anything goes
As you like it - sentiment and why
My heart pieces - wedding
7 kids college fund - anything goes
Simon says - embossing

Comments

Desire Fourie said…
Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. It is perfect for our eleventh ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 900 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
Lin said…
What a lovely card, Lou! Love the beautiful papers, hearts and flowers! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Unknown said…
I adore this! I have those stamps so may have to try that look xx
Sandie x
Rosie said…
This is gorgeous!! I love this! Thank you for playing in our challenge at http://7kidscollegefund.com! Hugs, Rosie
Annette said…
It's beautiful Lou. I love the flowers and that sentiment is just perfect for the wedding theme.
Love it.
Beautiful colour choice, and a gorgeous card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Crafty Little Fairies,
Top Tip Tuesday,
ABC Christmas,
As You Like It and
The Stamp Basket.

Unknown said…
You have made such a romantic card! Love the colors and the shabby style. Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Anna xxx
tilly said…
a very modern twist to this wedding card, but its fab, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Catz, hope to see you again
Tilly
This is lovely! Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT
Sharon Smith said…
A beautiful card - love your layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Girls xx