Let's fly away with Polka Doodles

Polka Doodles challenge this week is "wings", and I knew straight away what I wanted to use for my project ... Sugar Birdies CD. Adore this CD as the papers are fun, french and of course, sugary. The other reason I adore this CD is because it has a "plain" section of papers, which when printed have a linen/Bazzil effect to the design and obviously, co-ordinate perfectly with the pattern papers.

http://www.polkadoodles.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4292

I decided to make a round card for my project and have layered it with lots of other circles (die cuts and punches). All the papers are from the Sugar Birdies CD as is the cute bird image. The die cut leaves and backing plates to the rosettes, are cut using the "Plains" section of the CD and work with the other paper elements perfectly.


The sentiment is from Studio 12 Picknix CD and I have layered it very simply. My card has been finished with a little ribbon and doodle dewdrops.


Blogger has been a complete and utter pain this week for me and I have struggled to get either on here in the first place or subsequently, uploading a post. I am now securely crossing the majority of my fingers and toes, that the problem is sorted. Apologies in advance is my posts appear one minute. disappear the next or just appear in random orders ......

Remember that my Polka Doodles 5th birthday candy is still open until 31st May and all the details can be found HERE. Whilst you are entering, don't forget to grab the free digi image and paper pack too.

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Crafting Musketeers - anything but square
Creative Knockouts - lots of layers
Crafting for all seasons - things with wings
Craftitude - things with wings
Creative Corner - circles

Comments

Margaret said…
So cute. Love your cute bird and beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts this week. Good luck. Maggie DT
Granmargaret said…
Love your card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Craftitude.
Granmargaret said…
I follow you blog so saw your card on my list. I went to Craftitude but couldn't see it there. Did you forget to add it to the link or am I just missing it.
Bev said…
So bright & cheery & adore the birdies Cd x
Unknown said…
Stunning Lou so clean & crisp a breath of fresh air
Hugs Sus xx
Hazel said…
Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 13: anything but square, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x
Crafting Vicky said…
what a sweet card! Just love the shape you have done. The colors are so very fresh!

Thanks for joining us at Creative knockouts this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky.
Fran said…
Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xxx
Carol said…
Thanks for adding wings at CFAS this time with this lovely project. Carol DT x