Getting back on the swing of things ....

Well it's been a long time (again) since my last post but things were hectic (again) for a while but now I am determined to have some more "ME" time in 2013 and where possible ask for more help from my family and work colleagues rather than trying to accomplish everything on my own .... too hard, stressful and unrewarding.

Well it's Wednesday which means its Crafty Creations Challenge and the theme this week is "Something New". This could be use a new craft goodie, try a new technique or even try a new style. I've gone for using some new crafting goodies which I was given over Christmas .... Kaisercraft papers .... uuummm so divine .....

Papers: KaiserCraft, Sweet Nothings
Gems, heart buttons and ribbon from stash
Sentiment: freebie found on the internet and I forgot to record the site name
Flowers:  Wild Orchard Crafts
Beaded circle nesties die
Tattered Rose distress ink

 Here is a close up of the sentiment which I found whilst trawling the internet the other night on my new Christmas present from my lovely and generous sons ..... a Galaxy Tablet .... but rather silly, forgot to take a note of the sight I got the sentiment from, so if anyone can help, please let me know in the comments section, so I can credit the person who created the sentiment.


Now that I've made the card, not 100% sure I like it as it's a little over crowded (I think) but I had great fun making it so can ignore the "dislike" button in my head .... lol

I am also entering my card in to the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - vintage/shabby chic
Creative Creations Challenges - anything goes
Kaboodle Doodles Challenges - vintage/shabby chic
Use your stuff - use a circle

Have a great week everyone and I'm off to get back in to my crafting and to catch up on my blogging. I have so missed hopping from blog to blog, reading about how people have created their projects and then, looking up the products people have used so I can then possibly .... maybe .... or definitely add them to my existing crafting stash!

Lou
x

Comments

Judith said…
Nice to see you back Lou! - just love the vintage style of this x
MrsC.x said…
Hello Louise hope things are better on the home front craft group this month is 23rd hopefully catch up with you then.
take care
Charlie.xx
Paper Profusion said…
Beautiful card Lou - those papers are stunning! Love all your embellies, especially the little bird. Nicola x
Ime said…
lovely card lou! love the papers and pearls you used. thanks for joining us at kaboodle doodles
Anita Blake said…
Lovely card i wish you luck. good luck and thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges this week. Anita x
craftybunny said…
This is beautiful.Love your mix of embellies.It's not overcrowded it's eclectic!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x
Lovely card indeed, Lou! Love all the details on your card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Vintage” Challenge! Happy 2013!!

Kath - Admin
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/
butterfly said…
Gorgeous papers, and I love your layers of embellishing - what a lovely card!
Alison x
Fran said…
Great card , thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles xx
Bonnie Irvine said…
I don't find this over crowded at all. The details and layers are subtle and really add to the charm of this card. I hope you are able to carve out that "me time". Thanks so much for joining our Vintage/Shabby Chic Challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.
Cheryl said…
This is absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week for our vintage challenge!