Followers

Monday, 10 December 2012

Recycling at its best ....

We were asked to use newspaper in our projects this week at Polka Doodles and I know I am a tad late (!!!) but I couldn't get a decent photo of my card. Rubbish light and shadows appeared everywhere. I have asked OH now to make me a light box thing and am hoping that this might help me especially as I am not very good at doing the "tweaks" in my photo package either .... lol

Here is my card and I have used up loads of paper scraps to create the bunting but I wanted to make sure that the wonderful sentiment took pride of place ....


Newspaper: from sons paper round!
Ribbon and buttons from stash
Glitter leaves: from an ornament found in £land
Swirl ?: die cut was given to me 

I have inked all the edges of the bunting and used a layer of newspaper as my background paper; inked of course.


I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Hiding in my craft room - using scraps
Polka Doodles - paper piecing with newspaper
Sentimental Friday - use sentiment and anything goes
Aud Sentiments - Christmas sentiment

Well better go and make some food for us .... I'm starving! I think it's this cold weather as I feel the need to eat and eat ..... and possibly then hibernate ...lol

Lou
x

12 comments:

maxine said...

stunning card x

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works so well together. Thanks for sharing your talent. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs Desíre {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

Paper Profusion said...

Really beautiful sentiment. Love your card and bunting. Nicola x

Monica Bramorski said...

So beautiful card, Lou. It´s nice to have at Polka Doodles this week. xxx Monica DT Polka Doodles
http://www.myloveforpapers.blogspot.com

Julie said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Connie said...

Your card is beautiful !!! and I think it photographed lovely :)

Come on over and enter my Give-Away:)
Invite your Card-Making friends to enter, too. It is my favorite book on unique cards:)

Your blogging sister, Connie:)

Laurian said...

Your card is gorgeous and so well designed!
Thanks for joining us at Lady Annes and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Jenscrapstoo said...

Super Cute card, love the bunting!! What a great way to use up your scraps. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

alethea said...

This is beautiful!! Love the sentiment and the bunting !! Gorgeous!! HUgs Aletheaxx Polka Doodles DT.

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Lovely simple card. Great sentiment, love the paper you used too!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx

Tip Top said...

Just fab!!!

Emma Woods said...

Adore this card xx