Summer has arrived

Well what an evening I had last night and that then carried in to this morning!!! Told by Picasa that my web album was FULL and I could not load any more photos to my blog. After much effort (faff really) went on to my Picasa album and was amazed (gobsmacked) as to how many photos were lurking on there. Gosh there were some dodgy ones and that includes the projects I had made. After a good "trip down memory lane", I began deleting photos and albums which took "f ...o...r...e...v...e...r". I keep records of "my makes" on an external hard drive, so deleting from my Picasa wasn't too great a hardship .... until I find glaring gaps in blog posts where photos once lurked!

The theme this week over at Polka Doodle Challenges is very fitting considering the long overdue, glorious weather we have been experiencing and I did something this week that I haven't done for an age .... dig my promarkers out and have a good colouring session! I have coloured one of the gorgeous Emma Canning digi images which can be found in the Polka Doodles shop HERE. I have used "Taylor Camping Day" as she gives off a real festival vibe and fits this weeks theme perfectly. The only problem I have had with my card is photographing it as I decided to use acetate as my front cover .... 4 days later I got an okay-ish set of photos ....



I created my background using elements from the "In the Garden" section of the Studio 12 Picknix CD and layered them up using Craft Artist. I know this is a bit of a cheat, but helped speed up the whole process. I have coloured Taylor with Promarkers and added a dash of orange ribbon to make her "pop" further and of course, some baby blue eyeshadow ...lol


The kite was made using off cuts and the sentiment I had already printed on to Safmat from previous PD projects. The only thing is that my kite string is to thick and wonky which kind of bugs me but it's to late now to change it. The "Babe" is made using Doodlebug alphabet stickers.

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Divas by design - "Happy Birthday"
My Mum's Craft Shop - Birthday girls
Twisted Tuesday - to include a tree and a tied knot!
The Pink Elephant - summer
Simon Says - anything goes

Well better get going as have loads to do today and it unfortunately, won't get done by itself!

Lou
x



Comments

Claire said…
This is just brilliant Lou - love the way you have used the acetate and well done on getting some fab pics. Hugs, Claire x
Emma Canning said…
Wow this is amazing - genius idea with the acetate front - swoon :-) x x
Melina said…
very cute! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)
Lorraine said…
oh Lou this is gorgeous i love the use of the acetate too xx
Patty Chalas said…
your card is amazing!!
Gaynor said…
What a lovely card, love the colours used, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor xx
Rach83 said…
Fantastic design, Lou. I thought your image was printed - superb colouring. I'm just going to put my Picknix CD-ROM into the drive now and have another look! Great inspiration.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope you're keeping well.

Rachel x
Nelly Shaw said…
Love this card Lou, yummy colours! great use of acetate here, fab idea :))) Nelly X
Patty Gorka said…
Oh, I love the acetate you used, great idea! Thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesday Challenges this week!
Tanya said…
This is gorgeous Lou! I love the acetate effect - very nice! The colours are gorgeous too :)

Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge :)

Tanya xx
Emma H said…
Aha, that would explain why all the FnF bloggy bits went AWOL this week, I did wonder! Luckily you sent them to Judith so all is fixed!