Followers

Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Tempting templates . .

. . . is the challenge over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. The DT would like everyone to dust off their templates and this could be a card template (ie swing card, stepper etc), shaped or number album templates, boxes, bags or gifts . . . the list goes on and on. However we had a secret weapon this week as the DT were given some great templates to play with from Creations by AR. I chose the "isn't she lovely" card template as my inspiration.

 
Well here is my first attempt and I've made a straight forward pretty dress using the gorgeous Perfect Papers from Pink Petticoat finished with some soft bias ribbon & liquid pearls. This card was so quick and easy to make; just under 30 minutes and the longest part was pleating the paper!


I have also added 3 different inserts in white, pale pink and pink to make it look the dress has loads of petticoats! Now this dress was so quick, I had an idea to make a different card using the same template and acetate. This is what I came up with . . .


I made an acetate base card and placed the dress over the top so that it stands proud. If you  look really, really, really closely in the photo you can just about see the acetate card base . . . ! I then embossed gold and white paper, some white vellum (with my Swiss Dots folder) as I wanted some texture to my card layers and to make the wedding dress. Now Adela (owner of Creations by AR) was telling me off (very nicely) for not using my Craftrobo, so I dusted it off and cut out the "Just Married" wording, the bubble thing they are placed inside and the hearts.


I pleated my wedding dress to give the impression of volume and stuck it down to my dress card base. I have covered my gluing with ribbon, a paper rose and a crystal. Loads of mini roses and crystals later and my card is finished. I also decorated the inside of my card to hide the glue but that does not show very well in this side photo . . .


I am entering my 1st card into the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes - girly girl
Hooked on Craft Challenges - anything goes
The Shabby Tea Room - colour inspiration
Crafty Creations - "dress up"

I am entering my 2nd card into the following challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - wedding bliss
Sweet Stamps - embossing
Hooked on craft challenges - anything goes
ABC Challenge - wedding

22 comments:

Pami said...

These are gorgeous Lou! what a great idea for a wedding card! Beautiful! Pami x

heidy said...

Oh they're so pretty Lou,I just love them!
Hugs Heidy

karen said...

Wow Lou, these absolutely stunning!
(gone a shade of green here) Karen xx

AN said...

Wau-aivan mahtavan kauniita molemmat-olet taituri:))
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen --onnea arvontaan
Kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle<3

papertrails leaver said...

oh my these are beautiful! Love the pleats! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our dress up theme! :-) Amy

Karen said...

Wow what a gorgeous idea! I might have to steal the idea next time I have to make a wedding card. I love everything about it!
Thanks for joining us at hookedoncraft challenges this week and hope you join us again.

Jenny said...

Wow! what a stunning dress and how clever you are. I loooove those layers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Claire Phillips said...

Really clever Lou - fab Wedding card! Cheers Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh wow these are just stunning oh really love love that wedding one my daughter would just love that,love cheryl xxx

acreativeneed said...

Wow, these are really gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations!
smiles,Deena

Crystal said...

WOW, these are amazing!! Love the dresses they are so beautiful, makes for a great wedding card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes :)

Sheri said...

WOW! AWESOME job on all! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

Jenny said...

So neat! What a couple of beautiful cards you have made. I love the template you used!!

Emma H said...

The pink dress is pretty but the wedding dress is stunning! Love how you've used the template 2 different ways!

Linby said...

I love the pink dress it really caught my eye, but the wedding dress is just stunning.
Linbyx

Jacki Randolph said...

WOWZER!! Both are absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the simplicity of the pink and the wedding one is stunnng! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Sweet Stamps ths week.

Hugs, Jacki

Adela said...

Lou, That wedding dress is gorgeous!!!! I just love how elegant it looks. Also, the team did a fabulous job! Thanks for having me this week.
AR

CheerDown said...

Lou what a gorgeous wedding card, I love the volume in the dress and the embellishing with all those roses looks stunning.

Debbie M said...

WOW! OMG! these cards are divine!!! Beautiful!

Paula Gale said...

what a beautiful card. Just stumbled on your blog while hopping about and its such a well made, thoughful card with some proper crafting done on it. Love it so much i'd love to do something similar - although not yet as i'm in bed blogging lol!!!

Brill.

Paula x x x

Membership card printing said...

Captivating card with pleasing shades and stunning design...

Sharon Livingston said...

Hi Lou - the dress card looks fantastic! Did you have a template to make the skirt? =)